PADI DiveMaster Course
Your adventure as a professional diver begins with the PADI Divemaster program. By working hand-in-hand with a PADI Instructor, you will broaden your knowledge of diving and perfect your skills to a professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership skills by teaching you to supervise diving activities and assist instructors with student divers.
PADI DIVEMASTER DIVE COURSE
Do you have a deep and permanent passion for diving? Or do you just love it with all your heart? If so, you should think about doing what you love most to make a living: become a PADI Divemaster.
If you join tribu™ by becoming a PADI Divemaster, you join the largest and most respected diving tribe in the world – the PADI professionals. They are PADI Divemasters and Instructors who share a passion for diving and an active concern for the health of the underwater world’s habitats.
Take your first step towards professional diving as a Divemaster.
Are you looking to take the first step to working in diving as a career? Your adventure in the professional levels of recreational diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you will expand your diving knowledge and polish your techniques up to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership skills, and qualifies you to supervise dive activities and help instructors with dive students. The PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite for the PADI Assistant Instructor and PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor certifications.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
During the PADI Divemaster programme, you will learn dive leadership techniques through both classroom and independent study. You will perform in-water techniques and endurance exercises, you will also train with exercises that will increase your organizational and problem-solving skills as well as help others improve their diving . You will put this knowledge into practice through a structured integration period or a series of practical training exercises.
As you progress in your Divemaster course, you will expand your diving knowledge, perfect your diving techniques and increase your confidence. Then, as a PADI Divemaster, you will use these attributes to guide, advise and motivate other divers and to enjoy the joy of seeing them transformed by the majesty of the aquatic world.
Get a life as a PADI Divemaster and work diving anywhere in the world.
WHAT YOU CAN TEACH
Once certified as a PADI Divemaster you are authorized to:
- Supervise both training and non-training activities by planning, organizing and directing dives.
- Help a PADI Instructor during the training sessions of any PADI dive course.
- Direct the PADI Skin Diver course and the PADI Discover Snorkeling program.
- Direct the PADI Discover Local Diving experience.
- Direct the PADI Scuba Review program.
- If you are qualified as a Discover Scuba Diving Leader, independently run the PADI Discover Scuba Diving program.
- Get a PADI Digital Underwater Photographer Specialty Instructor to teach the specialty PADI Digital Underwater Photographer.
- Independently guide students of the Open Water Diver course on the tour portion of the Open Water Diver course during Training Dives 2, 3 and 4 in a proportion of two diving students per certified divemaster.
- Accompany diving students during adventure dives or specialty training dives under the indirect supervision of a PADI Instructor.
- Manage PADI Seal Team AquaMission
- Direct the subsequent dives of Discover Scuba Diving participants, under the indirect supervision of an instructor after they have successfully completed the first dive with a PADI Instructor.
- Teaching Emergency First Response courses after completing the Emergency First Response Instructor course.
DIVING EQUIPMENT TO USE
You will use all basic diving equipment and some diving accessories such as a diving board, diving knife, compass, diving watch, etc.
It is strongly recommended that you are in possession of your own diving equipment, as becoming familiar with your own equipment improves general diving skills. You can find out more in your DIVE RESORT PORTOSUB.
The teaching materials you’ll need
- PADI Divemaster Manual
- PADI Instructor Manual
- PIR – Table and ePIRML including the associated instruction manuals
- The Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Divemaster tablets
- Diving diary
- To be 18 years old.
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or hold an equivalent certificate from another training organization).
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold an equivalent certificate from another training organization).
- Have the Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Card course (or be qualified in CPR and first aid training from another training organization) completed within the last 24 months.
- Have at least 40 dives at the beginning of the course and 60 at the time of certification.
- Be fit for diving and present a Medical Statement (PDF) signed by a doctor within the last 12 months. continue your diving training by becoming a more successful PADI Divemaster Here are some suggestions for other PADI courses that will help you be more successful as a PADI Divemaster:
- Boat Diver
- Coral Reef Conservation
- Digital Underwater Photographer
- Emergency First Response Instructor
- Emergency Oxygen ProviderEnriched Air Diver
- Equipment Specialist
- Night Diver
- Peak Performance Buoyancy
- Underwater Naturalist
- Underwater Navigation